This is a 30 classes Awareness Through Movement series – being sold six classes at a time. You can buy 6 classes and come to whichever ones you want…
OR for cheaper, you can subscribe to my Patreon – which will give you access to comes to ALL live (in person and online) classes and have complete access to my ENTIRE library of past classes (more than 100 hours of content). To become a Patron click here.
*Please note that Sunday classes are online at 11AM EDT and taught in English.
The 4 Cardinal Points of Support are where we will be focusing on for this next round of classes — but with a fifth element…
I also believe that Feldenkrais offers us a fifth point of support which is invisible. That is of awareness… Awareness offers us support for our movement BUT ALSO our emotions. These two things are actually not so separate. They play into each other so deeply, its quite incredible.
- When I’m anxious, I don’t breath and holding my breath creates more anxiety. Anxiety can develop into fear, which creates a lot of muscular tension esp if that fear isn’t resolved but held within myself.
- When I’m sad, I feel small and my nervous systems responds by rounding my body and making me small. But also, making me tired because that takes a lot of muscular effort to stay in a rounded position.
- When I am happy, I smile and my body feels long and wide, therefore making me smile because moving is so easy and effortless.
In these classes, we use movement to build awareness of what we are doing. My students often notice how they react emotionally to movements – and when you know what you are doing you realize that you have a choice in the matter.
You see, movement and emotions are so intertwined it feels superfluous and confusing to actually separate them. And Feldenkrais just accepts this by going slow and really sensing everything that comes up. No wonder people get up after my classes with a huge smile – a weight they’d been carrying has let go. They realize anger that they held onto only affects them negatively or fear that is not needed anymore. Or in my case, sadness that was stopping me from enjoying my life.
Location, Dates and Times
LOCATION: On an application called ZOHO (very similar to zoom, no need to download application. Link provided after purchase.
DATES: Every Sunday morning.
TIME: 11AM Eastern Daylight Time (ETD; Montreal, Toronto, NYC time).
1. Foot on the dial of a clock.
2. Cardinal lines.
3. Elbow Variations.
4. Pelvic Clock Variation.
5. Circles with legs.
6. Standing Better.
7. Rocking Pelvis.
8. Sitting to Kneeling.
9. Turning while Sitting.
10. Balance on all Fours.
11. On all Fours to Sitting.
12. Hand Holding Chin.
13. The Praying Lesson (position of praying).
14. Head and Pelvis.
15. Rolling Arms.
16. Lifting Arms and Legs.
18. Freeing the Neck.
19. Rocking to Sides.
20. Individuating the Toes.
21. Getting Taller.
22. Chair Lesson.
23. Standing on Head Preview (first approximation).
24. Legs to the Side of the Stomach.
25. Extensor Variation
26. Advanced Extensors.
27. Foot to Head.
28. Heels to Head.
29. Legs Crossed
What you will gain
Doing consistent Awareness Through Movement has the same benefits as yoga, meditation and exercise :
- A sense of strength, stability and flexibility all at the same time.
- A heightened sense of yourself; feeling close to yourself, your wants and needs.
- Less anxiety!
- Better breathing.
- Tools to get better if something goes wrong. EX: In these lessons, you learn to move functionally so when if time comes where you fall or get hurt, you have the tools to fall in way that will hurt you less and you have the tools to get better faster.
About Awareness Through Movement
→ In these Awareness Through Movement classes, I verbally lead you through a sequence of movements in a variety of positions. These precisely structured movement explorations involve thinking, sensing, moving and feeling. By increasing awareness, you will learn to abandon habitual patterns of movement and develop new alternatives, resulting in improved flexibility and coordination, less pain, more comfort.
→ It helps counter anxiety by understanding the effect on the body. It really just makes you feel taller, more grounded and relaxed – and who doesn’t want that! Doing Feldenkrais is not only for chronic symptoms or pain, it’s also used to increase skill, to open yourself up to new ideas, find choice in absence, and secure proper and easy aging!
→ Many Awareness Through Movement lessons are based on developmental movements and ordinary functional activities (reaching, standing, lying to sitting, looking behind yourself, etc.). Some are based on more abstract explorations of joint, muscle, and postural relationships. Lessons are fully accessible to those with varying movement possibilities – because lessons can even work in the imagination. Sounds like magic because it is!! The magic of the brain!
"I loved how Andréa offered us different movement exercises that gave me a lot of insight on how I move through the world; even if we were on zoom, I could feel their presence and kindness. They were very generous in their teaching and support during and after classes. "Pascale Brunet About my online classes